Tips to Help New Moms Sleep Better
- The trade off middle-of-the-night feedings. Nursing mothers might consider expressing milk for dad to help with at least one nighttime feeding. That way, at least one person gets a good night’s sleep, rather than both parents getting fragmented sleep.
- Manage your time wisely to make rest your top priority which usually means a total reorganisation of your normal routine.
- Build a network of friends and family to whom you can assign tasks such as household chores, babysitting, shopping, or cooking ahead of the baby’s birth.
- Sleep when the baby sleeps. Power naps can offer moms an opportunity for a dramatic recovery.
- Arrange for help before the baby is born. Pregnancy is the best time to determine who is going to take over some of the care and allow the mom to sleep.