Dr. Shanitha Fathima
Obstetrics And Gynaecology (Specialist)
Aster Hospital, Al Qusais
Languages Spoken: English, Hindi, Malayalam,Basic Arabic.
Education: FMIS, MS (OBG),MBBS
Specialization: OBG & Laparoscopic Gynaecology
DOH License Grade: Specialist
Type of Physician: Fulltime
- Fellowship in Minimal invasive surgery from Sunrise Institute of medical sciences, Kochi, India.
- MS OBG from Kasturba Medical College (KMC) , Mangalore, India.
- MBBS from Academy Of Medical Sciences, Pariyaram.
- Member of American Association of Gynaecologic Laparoscopists (AAGL).
- Federation of obstetrical and gynaecological society of India (FOGSI).
- She has over 11 years of experience in obstetrics and gynaecology.
- Started her career as Assistant Professor in MES medical college, Perinthalmanna,from where she gathered vast experience in her specialty and was passionately involved in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching .Her special interests includes minimal invasive gynecology and High risk pregnancy.
- After coming to uae, She has worked in some of the premier tertiary healthcare facilities Dubai.
- She had undergone certificate course in advanced obstetric and gynaecologic ultrasound and prenatal diagnosis from CIMAR, edappal Kerala.
- She was invited as speaker in state conferences.
- Special interest in counselling in mentalhealth issues in pregnancy and postpartum
- Mifepristone in the induction of labour at term Int J Pharma Biomed Res 2013, 4(3), 164-166 Shanitha Fathima et al, Received: Online publication: 25 Jul 2013 International Journal of PHARMACEUTICAL AND BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH, Available online at www.pharmscidirect.com
Clinical Expertise & Services Offered
- Skilled obstetrician, gynaecologist and laparoscopic surgeon with proficiency in various procedures.
- Managing Normal and High Risk pregnancy care and delivery including Caesarean and Instrumental deliveries.
- Recurrent pregnancy loss care.
- Adolescent Health, treatment of pcod.
- Contraceptive advice
- Preconception and premarital counselling
- Well women checkup and cancer screening of breast and uterus
- Treatment of menopausal problems
- Infertility evaluation and treatment
- Transvaginal cervical cerclage.
- Gynaecological surgeries like abdominal and vaginal hysyerectomy, repair of uterine prolapse and other pelvic surgeries.
- Medical Management of endometriosis and adenomyosis including Mirena insertion.
- All types of laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgery
- Laparoscopic ovarian cystectomy.
- Laparoscopy in emergencies(ruptured ectopic pregnancy, torsion of ovary.
- Laparoscopic myomectomy (for large and multiple fibroids)
- Total Laparoscopic hysterectomy
- Diagnostic and operative hysteroscopic surgeries including
- Hysteroscopy polypectomy
- Hysteroscopy myomectomy
- Hysteroscopy for recurrent miscarriage.
- Laparoscopic adhesiolysis in pelvic adhesions.
- Laparoscopic treatment of endometriosis and adenomyoma and adenomyosis.