Dr. Safeena Anas
Laparoscopic Gynaecology (Specialist)
Aster Hospital, Al Qusais
Obstetrics & Laparoscopic Gynaecology
Languages Spoken: English, Hindi, Malayalam
Education: FMAS. DMAS, MD, MBBS
Specialization: Obstetrics & Laparoscopic Gynaecology
DOH License Grade: Specialist
Types of Physician: Full Time
- FMAS: Fellowship in minimal access surgery from World Laparoscopy Hospital, Gurgaon.
- DMAS: Diploma in minimal access Surgery Global Open University.
- MD (Obstetrics & Gynaecology): Government Medical College, Surat, Gujarat.
- MBBS: Government Medical College, Thrissur.
- Member of ‘ The World Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons’
- Member of Federation of Obstetrics & Gynaecological Society of India
- 17 years of experience in Obstetrics & Gynaecology.
- 2015 – 2018: Senior Consultant in Renai Medcity Hospital, Palarivattom, Kochi.
- 2011 – 2015: Consultant Gynaecologist at KIMS Hospital, Kochi.
- 2000 – 2011: Consultant Gynaecologist in M.A.J Hospital, Edappalli, Kochi.
Clinical Expertise & Services Offered
- Antenatal check-up , promoting normal delivery
- Management of High Risk Pregnancy
- Preterm labour
- Bleeding during pregnancy (placenta previa, abruptio placenta)
- Diabetes complicating pregnancy
- Hypertension complicating pregnancy
- Fibroid Complicating pregnancy
- Previous caesareans – vaginal birth after caesarean
- Recurrent abortions
- Cervizal and abdominal encirclage
- Medical and surgical management of ectopic pregnancy
- Caesarean sections
- Gynaecological surgeries
- Laparoscopic Surgeries
- Total laparoscopic hysterectomy (removal of uterus)
- Laparoscopic ovarian cyst removal
- Laparoscopic management of endometriosis
- Laparoscopic myomectomy (for fibroid removal)
- Laparoscopic management of ectopic pregnancy
- Laparoscopic tubal recanalization
- Laparoscopic sterilization
- Diagnostic hysterolap for infertility
- Abdominal & Vaginal surgeries
- Abdominal Hysterectomy
- Abdominal Myomectomy
- Vaginal Hysterectomy & pelvic floor repair
- Fothergill operation
- Surgical repair of vault prolapse
- Hysteroscopy & colposcopy
- For evaluation of abnormal uterus bleeding
- Hysteroscopic polypectomy & myomectomy
- Contraception – Medical & Mirena insertion
- Primary management of Infertility
- Management of Adolescent problems including PCOD
- Post-Menopausal problems
- Routine primary and preventive care including annual health check-up