Dr. Smitha Muraletharan
Internal Medicine (Specialist)
Aster Hospital, Al Qusais
Languages Spoken: English, Hindi, Malayalam
Education: FRCP (UK), MRCP (UK), DNB (Gen Medicine), MBBS
Specialization: Internal Medicine
DOH License Grade: Specialist
Types of Physician: Full Time
- 2017 - Fellowship of the Royal College of physicians of Edinburgh, UK.
- 2016 - Fellowship in Diabetes accredited by Royal Liverpool Academy, UK.
- 2012 - MRCP (UK)
- 2000 - July 2003 – DNB (General Medicine), Government Medical College, Calicut, Kerala, India.
- 1996 - MBBS, Government Medical College, Calicut, Kerala, India.
- Member of the Indian medical association
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh, UK
- Feb ’14 - Oct ’17: Consultant in Internal Medicine at Aster MedCity, Cochin, Kerala, India.
- Dec ’09 - Sep ’13: Specialist in Internal Medicine at NMC Specialty Hospital, Abu Dhabi.
- Apr ’07 - Jun ’09: Consultant Physician at Polyclinic Krishna Clinic, Thakur Village, Mumbai, India.
- April ’09 - Nov ’09: M/S Suburban Diagnostics, Mumbai, India.
- Jan ’04 - May ’06: Physician at Ernakulam Medical Centre (EMC), Cochin, Kerala, India.
Clinical Expertise & Services Offered
- Dr. Smitha has experience in dealing with variety of complex multi-system medical cases, communicable and non communicable diseases.
- Non communicable illness such as hypertension, high cholesterol, thyroid disorders, anemia etc, Special interest in people with diabetes mellitus.
- Communicable diseases like tropical illness – malaria, dengue, typhoid, tuberculosis, seasonal flu, pneumonia, gastroenteritis, urinary and kidney infections.