Dr. Kaiser Raja
Aster Integrated Liver Care
Dr. Kaiser Raja is a Senior Consultant in Hepatology and Liver Transplantation associated with the Aster Integrated Liver Care Program at Aster CMI Hospital, Bangalore, Aster Medcity, Kochi and Aster Hospital Mankhool. A Hepatologist with more than 15 years of experience to his credit, Dr. Kaiser Raja is an expert in the medical management of patients with the complex liver disease, liver failure, liver cancer and patients requiring liver transplantation. Trained at some of finest institutes in the United States as well as India, his fields of special interest include chronic viral hepatitis, autoimmune hepatitis and metabolic liver disease.
After completing his basic medical training (MBBS) from Gandhi Medical College in Bhopal, India in 1996, he has done his post-graduation in Internal Medicine (MD) and his specialisation in Gastroenterology and Hepatology (DM) from the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh from 1996 to 2002. Following that he has done an ACGME accredited Advanced Fellowship in Liver Diseases and Transplant Hepatology from The Mount Sinai Medical Institute in New York, the United States in 2008.
Dr. Raja holds a major interest in the management of patients with chronic hepatitis B and C, autoimmune hepatitis, cirrhosis, liver cancer and post liver transplant patients. Dr. Raja has published in leading medical journals and is a regularly invited speaker for major national and international medical conferences. Apart from Aster CMI Hospital, Bangalore, Dr. Raja has a regular monthly liver clinic in Indore in Madhya Pradesh and in Abu Dhabi and Dubai in UAE.
Past Affiliations and Achievements
- Consultant Hepatologist, Integrated Liver Care Program, BGS Global Hospitals Bangalore.
- Consultant and Head, Department of Gastroenterology and Liver Diseases, NMC Specialty Hospital, Abu Dhabi.
- Consultant, Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Aster Clinics, Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
- Clinical Fellow, Division of Liver Diseases, The Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York, USA.
- Member of the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD).
- Member of the Indian National Association for Study of the Liver (INASL).