Dr. Amal Premchandra Upadhyay
Gastroenterology & Hepatology
Dr. Amal Upadhyay is a Consultant Gastroenterologist at Aster Hospital, Mankhool. Before his assignment in Dubai at Aster Hospital, Dr Amal served as a Senior Consultant in Gastroenterology at the Royal Hospital – a Tertiary Multi Speciality Hospital managed by the Ministry of Health, Sultanate of Oman.
- MRCP (UK), Royal College of Physicians, UK, 2006
- DM (Gastroenterology), LT Municipal Medical College, University of Bombay, India, 1996
- DNB (Gastroenterology), National Board of Examinations, New Delhi, 1996
- MD (Internal Medicine), BJ Medical College, Gujarat University, India, 1994
- MBBS, BJ Medical College, Gujarat University, India, 1991
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians, UK
- Fellow of Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh
- Indian Society of Gastroenterology (ISG)
- Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy of India (SGEI)
- Internal Member, American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Dip.N.B. (Gastroenterology), National Board of Examinations, New Delhi, India, 1996
- January 2008 – April 2015: Senior Consultant, Gastroenterology at Royal Hospital – Sultanate of Oman.
- April 2004 – January 2008: Senior Specialist Gastroenterology at Royal Hospital – Sultanate of Oman.
- May 2000 – April 2004: Specialist, Gastroenterology(Division of Medicine) at Royal Hospital – Sultanate of Oman.
- December 1997 – April 2000: Associate Consultant, Gastroenterology at Apollo Hospitals, Chennai, India.
- March 1997 – October 1997: Fellow in the Department of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy and Minimally Invasive Surgery at Willingdon Hospital, Chennai, India.
- January 1997 – March 1997: Junior Consultant, Gastroenterology at Batra Hospital, New Delhi, India
- June 1994 – June 1996: Post-graduate (subspecialty) resident in Gastroenterology at LTMMC and Sion Hospital, Mumbai, India.
All forms of Diagnostic Endoscopy, also including:
- Colon Cancer Screening
- Screening for Malignancy in Barrett’s esophagus
- Screening for Malignancy in Inflammatory Bowel Disease
All forms of Therapeutic Endoscopy, also including:
- Treatment of GI bleeding
- Removal of polyps
- Endoscopic mucosal resection
- Dilation and stenting of luminal structures in the gut
- Advanced endoscopic interventions in biliary ducts and pancreas through ERCP
Inflammatory bowel disease
Gastro-esophageal Reflux Disease
Treatment of Obesity – Medical as well as Endoscopic