You’re in the final stretch, with only a few weeks to go before your due date. Now’s the time to gather all the essentials you’ll need during labour and birth and for after your baby is born.
It’s a good idea to have a hospital bag packed by the time you are about 34 weeks pregnant so that you’re ready even if you may need to go to the hospital unexpectedly.
What to pack for after you deliver
- A fresh nightgown, if you prefer to wear your own
- Your cell phone and charger
- Comfortable nursing bras and breast pads
- Several pairs of maternity underpants and sanitary napkins
- A change of clothes that you would want to leave the hospital in
- Pair of slippers
- A going-home outfit
- Stem Cell Banking Kit (Optional)
Essentials to pack for your baby
- Baby Clothes(washed and disinfected at home)
- Baby swaddle, burping cloth, baby blanket
- Baby care products: wipes/shampoo etc.
- Sanitized bottles and milk storage bags
- Breast pump (optional)
- Baby basinet(optional)
- Feeding pillow (optional)
Documents required for admission
- Mothers and fathers Emirates Id
- Mothers and fathers Passport
- Insurance card or full advance payment in case of cash package
- Attested marriage certificate (By Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
Tips for the mommy’s to be
- Try to buy maternity shirts which has buttons in the front making feeding the baby easier
- Carry a disposable plastic bag to carry dirty laundry
- It is always a good idea to pack husband’s bag also with all the necessary items needed by him as he would be the one doing all the running around.
- It is best not to bring any jewelry at the time of labour.
- It is mandatory to get marriage certificate attested by ministry of foreign affairs.
- Don’t forget your glasses or contacts.