Dermatology is the branch of medicine that deals with skin, nails, hair and their diseases. The Department of Dermatology at Aster Hospital, Mankhool provides comprehensive clinical and cosmetic dermatology care. It offers specialized treatment for all clinical/general dermatological problems including disorders of the skin, hair and nail and venereal diseases and also advanced cosmetic dermatology services for management of problems like acne, scars, pigmentation, vitiligo, hair loss, moles, warts, skin tags, corns, calluses and ageing skin. Our trusted specialists provide professional and personalized services to minimize the negative impact of these disorders, leading to improved outcome and quality of life. Multi-disciplinary in approach, the department also attends to cross referrals. At Aster Hospital, Mankhool we believe patients and their families should have access to high quality health care at a center that they trust.
The Dermatology division provides the following services:
- Microscopic examination to confirm fungal infections of the skin, hair and nails.
- Tzanck smears for the diagnosis of blistering diseases.
- Skin, mucosal, nail and nerve biopsies.
» Find a Doctor
- Radio surgery for benign conditions such as warts, moles and skin tags.
- Cryosurgery for conditions such as warts and keloids.
- Auto-implantation therapy for the treatment of multiple viral warts.
- Intra-lesional therapy for the treatment of keloids and alopecia areata.
- Excision of benign and malignant skin lesions including narrow hole extrusion therapy for cysts and lipomas.
- Surgical modalities for lucoderma – Punch grafting, Suction blister grafting and Follicular unit extraction.
- Acne scar treatment – Micro needling, Chemical peel treatments and Acne scar surgeries.
- Ear lobe repair.
- Management of corns using minimally invasive techniques.
- Nail surgery for ingrown nails.
- Botulinum Toxin therapy to control excessive sweating.
- Platelet rich plasma therapy for chronic skin wounds, Hair Loss, Stretch Marks, Acne Scars and Facial Rejuvenation.
- Cosmetic Therapy – Chemical Peels for acne, pigmentation and photoageing; Anti-aging treatments like Botulinum Toxin and filter injections; Mesotherapy for hair loss; under eye dark circles and facial rejuvenation; and scar revision techniques.
Dr Rohini Mathias is working as a Specialist Dermatologist at Aster Hospital, Mankhool She... View more