Dr. Sobana Bilhanan
Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Sobana has joined Aster Hospital Mankhool as a Specialist Obstetrician & Gynaecologist. She has successfully completed DHA licensing exam and received DHA Eligibility letter in December 2016. Before this, she completed her Membership of Royal College of Obstetrics & Gynaecology (MRCOG) part 1 exam in September 2012. She completed her MS (Master of Surgery in Obstetrics & Gynaecology) as a university 1st rank holder with Gold Medal from M.S Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore, India.
- 2011 – MS(Obstetrics & Gynaecology) – M. S Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore, India.
- 2006 – MBBS -PSG Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India.
- 2012 – Member of Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (MRCOG), Part 1.
- 2014 – 2016 – Registrar Obstetrician & Gynaecologist in Al Dhamer Centre for Medical Specialities, Jahra, Kuwait.
- 2012 – 2014 – Consultant Gynaecologist in Sri Sai Ram Hospitals, Bangalore, India.
- 2012 – Registrar in the department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Apollo Hospitals, Bangalore, India.
- Published a journal article on “Acephalus Acardiac Fetus — An Unusual Complication in a Twin Pregnancy” in the indexed journal “Perinatology”, Volume 12, No. 2, Jul-Sep 2011.
Awards & Recognitions:
- May 2011 – First Rank decorated with Gold Medal in M.S. Obstetrics and Gynecology exams conducted by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, India.
- November 2010 – First place in quiz conducted by Association of Gynecological Oncologists of India during 19th annual conference AGOICON 2010.
Dr. Sobana is fluent in English, Arabic, French, Hindi, Tamil, Kannada.