A highly experienced Hepato Pancreato Biliary surgeon, Dr. Mathew Jacob is an expert in abdominal multi-organ transplant surgery (liver, kidneys and pancreas). Trained extensively at some of the best institutes in the UK, he performs both living donor and cadaveric transplant of the liver. An expert in advanced Hepato Pancreato Biliary procedures including complex surgeries for cancers of the liver, gallbladder, liver, bile duct and pancreas; he is also a highly skilled laparoscopic surgeon.
- HESPERIS Fellowship by the European Society for Organ Transplantation
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons of England (FRCS)
- Member of Royal College of Surgeons of England (MRCS)
- Certificate of Completion of Training (C.C.T) (General Medical Council, U.K)
- MBBS (Armed Forces Medical College, Pune)
Professional Experience & Achievements:
- Medical adviser to the Zonal Coordination Committee of Karnataka (ZCCK-The Organization empowered to coordinate the cadaveric transplantation activities and also educate the public on organ donation).
- Senior Consultant, Hepato Pancreato Biliary & Abdominal Multi-Organ Transplant Surgery, Global Hospitals Bangalore.
- Research in liver transplantation, Department of Health and the UK National Health Blood and Transplant Services.
- Post CCT Royal College Transplant Fellow, St James Hospital, Leeds, UK.
- Research Fellow, Clinical Effectiveness Unit, Royal College of Surgeons, UK.
- Research Fellow, Ireland Liver Transplant Audit.
- Trained in Yorkshire school of surgery & Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne.
- Transplant epidemiology and prognostic modelling in liver transplantation.
Dr. Mathew is proficient in languages like English, Hindi, Malayalam and Kannada.