Dr. Mahavir S Deshmane
Dr. Mahavir S Deshmane is a Specialist in Urology at Aster Hospital, Mankhool. Dr. Mahavir has over 18 years of professional experience in General Surgery and Urology. He has 7 years post-qualification experience in Urology alone. He has been working with Aster DM Healthcare since 2013. He worked with Aster Clinic and now is full time specialist Urologist and HOD Surgery and Surgical specialties at Aster Hospital.
He worked in the private sector in Hyderabad between 2010 and 2013 in various hospitals such as Prime Hospital, Nova Specialty Care, Icon Hospital and Narayana Hrudayalaya Malla Reddy hospital. He had the similar experience for one year in Pune 2009-2010. He worked as a Senior resident in Urology in Grant Medical College and Sir JJ group of Hospitals, St. George’s Hospital Mumbai between 2007-2009. He won the WZUSICON Travelling Fellowship in 2009 which he availed at AIIMS, New Delhi (Laparoscopic and Robotic Urology) and in Tata Memorial Hospital (Mumbai).
He has vast experience in all aspects of Urology- Pediatric, stone and prostate disease, Female Urology, Open and laparoscopic surgeries, Uro-oncology. He practices Andrology as well for Male sexual dysfunction and Male infertility.
- DNB ( Genitourinary Surgery/ Urology) (Medical Trust Hospital, Cochin, India, Residency 2004-2007) Board Certified (National Board of examinations 2009)
- DNB ( General Surgery) (KEM Hospital, Pune, India, Residency 1999-2002) Board Certified (National Board of examinations 2003)
- FEHS (Fellowship in Endoscopic Hernia Surgery) August 2004, Sir Gangaram Hospital and Research centre, New Delhi.
- FCPS ( Surgery) (KEM Hospital, Pune, India, Residency 1999-2002) Board Certified (College of Physicians and Surgeons of Bombay, Mumbai 2002)
- MBBS (Dr. Vaishampayan Memorial Medical College, Solapur, India, Class of 1996)
- Endoscopic treatment of Kidney, Ureter and bladder stones
- Extracorporeal Shock – Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL) for Urinary stones
- Endoscopic procedures such as resection of prostate & incision of the urethra
- Treatment for Male and Female Sexual Dysfunction
- Management of male impotence and infertility
- Urological laparoscopic procedures
- Management of Uro – Oncology cases
- Trans – rectal ultrasound together with abdomino – pelvic urological ultrasound
- Flexible Endoscopic stone treatment and Laser Lithotripsy
- Management of urological problems in children including congenital anomalies
- Management of female continence problems
- Management of bladder disorders likes neurogenic bladder, overactive bladder, and painful bladder disorders
- Member of the Urologic society of India.
- Member of the European association of urology
- Member of the International Society for Men’s Health
- Member of Society internacionale D’Urologie
- Member of the Endourology society
- Member of the Emirates Medical Association
- Member of Emirates Society of Urology