Dr. Amith Kumar Krishna
Dr. Amith Kumar has joined Aster Hospital Mankhool as a Specialist Orthopaedic Surgeon . He has done his MS and MBBS in Orthopedics. He brings with him over a decade long experience in treating injuries of joints and their associated soft tissues, including ligaments, nerves, and muscles. He has also attended to cases related to fractures, joint disabilities, back pains, ligament tears, sports related injuries, arthritis, foot and ankle deformities amongst others. His areas of special interest are traumatology, replacement arthroplasty, arthroscopy.
He has been a teaching faculty at several leading institutes in India and has taught intricacies of effectively managing trauma to doctors, occupational therapists, nurses and paramedical students. He has leveraged his experience of over 2000 surgeries in trauma and nearly quarter of that in joint replacement to extend greater hands on knowledge to his colleagues in the medical arena.
- Master of Surgery (Orthopaedics)
- Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery
- Fellowship Program in Total Joint Replacement Surgery
- Fellowship Program in Arthroscopy
- Sep 2014 – Jun 2017 – Specialist Orthopedics, Lifeline Hospital
- May 2012 – Aug 2014 – Specialist Orthopedics, Dubai Hospital
- Mar 2010 – April 2012 – Senior Orthopaedic Surgeon, Jebel Ali Hospital, Jebel Ali Village.
- Aug 2009 – Feb 2010 – Junior Consultant Trauma and Joint Replacement Surgeon, Care Group of Hospitals, Hyderabad.
- Sep 2007 – July 2009 – Assistant Professor of Orthopaedics, Medciti Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad.
- Member of the Indian Arthroscopy Society
- Member of the Pune Orthopaedic Society
- Member of the Indian Medical Association
- Member of the Hyderabad Orthopaedic Society
- Member of the Dubai Orthopaedic Club
- “Comparative Study Of Results In Closed Interlocking Nailing With And Without Assisted Bone Marrow Injection Around Fracture Sites In Fresh Tibial Fracture”
- “Co-Relative Study of Clinical Evaluation By Radiological Laxometry and Arthroscopic Findings in ACL Deficient Knee“
- “Bilateral Simultaneous Total Knee Arthroplasty With And Without Torniquet.” – A Prospective randomised double-blinded study.