Dr. Dilip Panikar
Dr. Dilip Panikar is a Visiting Consultant Neurosurgeon at Aster Hospital Mankhool. An exceptionally talented Neurosurgeon with more than 26 years of experience to his credit, Dr. Dilip Panikar is one of the most respected doctors in the country. An expert in micro neurosurgery, Dr. Dilip Panikar’s skills in performing highly advanced and unique neurosurgical procedures are unparalleled. His areas of special interest include neurosurgery, neuro-oncology and skull base surgery, reconstructive surgery for craniofacial deformities, functional neurosurgery and neurovascular surgery. Dr. Panikar is proficient in English, Hindi, Malayalam.
- MCh in Neurosurgery (Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram)
- MS in General Surgery (M.S. University, Baroda)
- MBBS (M.S. University, Baroda)
Professional Experience & Achievements:
- Professor & Head of Department of Neurosurgery, Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi.
- Associate Professor, Neurosurgery, Sri Chitra Thirunaal Institute for Medical Sciences & Technology, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Consultant Neurosurgeon, Manipal Hospital, Bangalore.
- Member of Neurological Society of India.
- Member of Skull Base Surgery Society of India.
- Member of Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery Society of India.
- Postgraduate teacher in Neurosurgery and examiner to many universities across the country.
- Faculty at several operative and laboratory dissection workshops, demonstration of specialised neurosurgical operative techniquesMore than 25 Research articles published in prominent Indian & International Medical Journals.
- Member of the Indian Society for Paediatric Neurosurgery
- Member of the Neurovascular Society of India.