Dr. Arun Warrier
Dr. Arun R Warrier is a Visiting Consultant Oncologist at Aster Hospital Mankhool with 10 years of experience in comprehensive cancer care. He specialises in medical oncology and has a special interest in gastrointestinal malignancies, lymphomas and stem cell transplantation. He believes in delivering compassionate cancer care to patients, with a multidisciplinary approach to determine an optimal and customised treatment pattern.
- 2015 – MRCP (UK) – Royal College of Physicians, London
- 2009 – D.M – Adyar Cancer Institute, Chennai
- 2004 – Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
- 2000 – Government Medical College, Trichur
- Aug 09 – Present – Consultant Medical Oncologist at Aster Medcity, Cochin
- Jul 11 – Mar 14 – Medical Oncologist attached to Lakeshore Hospital, Cochin
- Aug 09 – Jul 11 – Madras Cancer Care Foundation-Apollo Cancer Hospital, Chennai
- Medical Oncology training at Adyar Cancer Institute, Chennai
- Madras Cancer Care Foundation at Apollo Hospitals, Chennai
- Department of Oncology, Lakeshore Hospital, Cochin.
- Foresees Genomic Oncology as the next big thing in Cancer care
- Training in various malignancies, paediatric to adult and solid tumours to blood cancers at The Adayar Cancer Institute
- Has conducted CMEs in collaboration with IMA and various social organisations
- Actively involved in cancer prevention, screening programmes and Continuing Medical Education endeavours
- Internal Medicine training has gives added advantage when treating patients with multiple comorbidities.
- Adopts a comprehensive and compassionate treatment style with a multidisciplinary team approach and hence involves professionals from other modalities like surgical oncology and radiation oncology
- Intends to provide personalised cancer care, in a holistic manner
- Determines optimal treatment suited to the patient, keeping in mind the patient profile and several other parameters to reach narrow therapeutic spectrum
- Educates the importance of pre-treatment Counselling and involvement of Counsellors to the patients to help them navigate through the seemingly complicated and stressful period of cancer care
- Promotes active discussion with patients about the various options available and helps them to take an informed decision.
- Strong advocate of protocol based treatment according to standard guidelines
- In advanced cases, where cure is not possible, tries to provide meaningful palliation of symptoms thus improving the quality of life of the patient
- Participated in various programmes to educate people about the necessity of a healthy diet and lifestyle as well as avoidance of carcinogens, the main one being tobacco
- Proficient in English, Hindi, Malayalam and Tamil