Dr. Sivakumar is working as a Specialist Anaesthesiologist at Aster Hospital Mankhool. He has 12 years of working experience as an Anesthesiologist and Critical Care Physician in various reputed teaching institutions which are the minimum of 750 bedded capacity hospitals. He completed his MBBS from Kilpauk Medical College, Chennai, India.
1993 – MBBS – Kilpauk Medical College, Chennai, India.
2006 – MD (Anesthesiology) – Madurai Medical College, TamilNadu, India.
- Jul 2009 – Consultant Anaesthesiologist at Ramakrishna Hospital, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India.
- Feb 2008 – Jun 2009 – Assistant professor in the department of Anaesthesia & Critical Care, PSG Institute of Medical Sciences and Research,Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India.
- Oct 2006 – Feb 2008 – Consultant Anaesthesiologist, Sri Aarvi Hospital, Udumalpet, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India. (75 Bedded Hospital).
- Thesis Topic – Comparison of low dose Buprenorphine (90 & 120 micrograms) added with .5% Bupivacaine (Heavy) prolongs post operative analgesia in patients undergoing Lower Abdominal Surgeries and Perineal Surgeries done Under Subarachnoid Blocks.
- Anaesthesia for cardiac patients undergoing non-cardiac surgeries.
- The role of ultrasound in the perioperative period.
- Labour Analgesia.
- Difficult airway management.
- Academic and research activities.
- Orthopaedic Anaesthesia: Well experienced in upper limb and lower limb blocks.
- Pain management in trauma critical care: Expertise in placing epidural catheters, upper limb and lower limb blocks with or without catheters.
Dr. Sivakumar can fluently speak English & Tamil.