Dr. Sameer Sajwani
Dr. Sameer has joined Aster Hospital Mankhool as a Consultant Paediatric Cardiologist. He has over 25 years of experience in the field of Paediatric Cardiology. Dr. Sameer has achieved his qualifications in MBBCh, LRCP&SI (Ireland). DCH (Ireland). MRCPCH (UK).
His work is focused on the assessment and management of congenital and acquired heart disease and cardiac arrhythmias. He masters performing and the interpretation of cardiac investigations: Echocardiography, ECG, Holter monitor, Exercise ECG etc
He is a full-time paediatric cardiologist in Latifa Hospital, the first ever and oldest paediatric cardiology centre in UAE. In addition, Dr. Sameer is affiliated to most of the major hospital in Dubai, to provide emergency consultations and receives a referral of paediatric cardiology cases.
He is a founding member of the Nabadat initiative, which provides paediatric cardiac services worldwide in collaboration with Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Charity and Humanitarian Establishment.
He maintains strong ties with reputed speciality units in the UK such as Great Ormond Street Hospital to provide the highest standard of care to his patients.
Dr. Sameer can fluently speak languages like Arabic, English, Urdu and Persian.
|17th June 2017
||5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
A highly experienced Hepato Pancreato Biliary surgeon, Dr. Mathew Jacob is an expert in abdominal multi-organ transplant surgery (liver, kidneys and pancreas). Trained extensively at some of the best institutes in the UK, he performs both living donor and cadaveric transplant of the liver. An expert in advanced Hepato Pancreato Biliary procedures including complex surgeries for cancers of the liver, gallbladder, liver, bile duct and pancreas; he is also a highly skilled laparoscopic surgeon.
- HESPERIS Fellowship by the European Society for Organ Transplantation
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons of England (FRCS)
- Member of Royal College of Surgeons of England (MRCS)
- Certificate of Completion of Training (C.C.T) (General Medical Council, U.K)
- MBBS (Armed Forces Medical College, Pune)
Professional Experience & Achievements:
- Medical adviser to the Zonal Coordination Committee of Karnataka (ZCCK-The Organization empowered to coordinate the cadaveric transplantation activities and also educate the public on organ donation).
- Senior Consultant, Hepato Pancreato Biliary & Abdominal Multi-Organ Transplant Surgery, Global Hospitals Bangalore.
- Research in liver transplantation, Department of Health and the UK National Health Blood and Transplant Services.
- Post CCT Royal College Transplant Fellow, St James Hospital, Leeds, UK.
- Research Fellow, Clinical Effectiveness Unit, Royal College of Surgeons, UK.
- Research Fellow, Ireland Liver Transplant Audit.
- Trained in Yorkshire school of surgery & Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne.
- Transplant epidemiology and prognostic modelling in liver transplantation.
Dr. Mathew is proficient in languages like English, Hindi, Malayalam and Kannada.
Dr. Anas Sorathia
Dr. Anas has joined as a General Practitioner in Emergency Department at Aster Hospital Mankhool. He got his DHA certificate in the year 2015 and since then he is providing his medical services at Aster. Dr. Anas completed his MBBS from Al Ameen Medical College, Bijapur, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science, Bangalore, Karnataka, India. Before joining Aster Hospital Mankhool his last working profile was at Wockhardt Hospital located in Mumbai.
- May 2012 – May 2013 – DEM (Diploma Emergency Medicine) – Apollo Hospital Educational & Research Foundation, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India.
- Oct 2001 – Feb 2007 – MBBS – Al Ameen Medical College, Bijapur, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science, Bangalore, Karnataka, India.
- Before Joining Aster Hospital Mankhool, Dr. Anas was working at Wockhardt Hospital, Mumbai in Accident & Emergency Department.
- Nov 2014 – Apr 2015 – Department of Intensive Care Unit, Prince Aly Khan Hospital, Maharashtra.
- Jul 2013 – Oct 2014 – Department of Accident & Emergency Department, P D Hinduja Hospital, Mumbai.
- May 2012 – May 2013 – Department of Emergency Medicine, Apollo Hospital.
- Nov 2011 – Apr 2012 – Department of Paediatrics, Sir JJ Group of Hospitals, Mumbai.
Dr. Anas can fluently languages like English & Hindi.
Dr. Iyad Al Souri
Dr. Iyad Al Souri has joined us at Aster Hospital, Mankhool as Visiting Specialist Orthopaedic Surgeon.
Prior to joining us, Dr. Iyad was Consultant Surgeon for Orthopaedics and Trauma Surgery in teaching hospitals across Germany since 1999. He has been trained at Johannes Gutenberg University in Mainz, Germany, one of the prominent institutes for Orthopaedics in Europe and holds various memberships in Germany and Switzerland.
Dr. Iyad’s areas of expertise include; Joint replacement surgeries of major joints-Knee, Shoulder and Hip; Sports medicine; Acute and Chronic Trauma cases management with minimally invasive techniques; Spinal and disc management to treat acute and chronic pain.
He is fluent in English, Arabic, German and Turkish.
Dr. Sivakumar is working as a Specialist Anaesthesiologist at Aster Hospital Mankhool. He has 12 years of working experience as an Anesthesiologist and Critical Care Physician in various reputed teaching institutions which are the minimum of 750 bedded capacity hospitals. He completed his MBBS from Kilpauk Medical College, Chennai, India.
1993 – MBBS – Kilpauk Medical College, Chennai, India.
2006 – MD (Anesthesiology) – Madurai Medical College, TamilNadu, India.
- Jul 2009 – Consultant Anaesthesiologist at Ramakrishna Hospital, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India.
- Feb 2008 – Jun 2009 – Assistant professor in the department of Anaesthesia & Critical Care, PSG Institute of Medical Sciences and Research,Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India.
- Oct 2006 – Feb 2008 – Consultant Anaesthesiologist, Sri Aarvi Hospital, Udumalpet, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India. (75 Bedded Hospital).
- Thesis Topic – Comparison of low dose Buprenorphine (90 & 120 micrograms) added with .5% Bupivacaine (Heavy) prolongs post operative analgesia in patients undergoing Lower Abdominal Surgeries and Perineal Surgeries done Under Subarachnoid Blocks.
- Anaesthesia for cardiac patients undergoing non-cardiac surgeries.
- The role of ultrasound in the perioperative period.
- Labour Analgesia.
- Difficult airway management.
- Academic and research activities.
- Orthopaedic Anaesthesia: Well experienced in upper limb and lower limb blocks.
- Pain management in trauma critical care: Expertise in placing epidural catheters, upper limb and lower limb blocks with or without catheters.
Dr. Sivakumar can fluently speak English & Tamil.
Dr. Aileen Pomer
Dr. Aileen is working as a Specialist Paediatrician at Aster Hospital Mankhool. She completed her MBBS from Far Eastern University, Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation, Quezon city. Before joining Aster Hospital Mankhool, she was working at Bataan General Hospital, Balanga, Bataan. She has also performed emergency procedures like endotracheal intubation, umbilical catheter insertion, phlebotomy for cardiac patients and needle decompression of the chest in her last profile.
- 2005 – MBBS – Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation, Quezon city
- 2000 – BSMT – Centrol Escolar University, Mendiola, Manila.
- Sep 2014 – Dec 2015 – Medical Officer (Paediatrics Department) Bataan General Hospital, Balanga, Bataan.
- Feb 2010 – Jun 2014 – Paediatric Residency Training Program, Amang Rodriguez Memorial Medical Centre, Marikina City.
- Jan 2008 – Dec 2009 – Aesthetic Dermatology – Mendez Medical Group, Roces, Avenue Quezon City.
- Jan 2007 – Dec 2007 – Resident on Duty – Perpetual Help Hospital, Dapitan, Manila.
Research & Publications:
- 2014 – The profile of acute poisoning among paediatric patients in a Tertiary Government Hospital from Jan 2011 to Dec 2012. 1st place in Interdepartmental Research Contest.
- 2005 – A cohort study on the health risk factors of families in Area B, Payatas 13, Quezon city.
- 2004 – Study on prevalence of cigarette smoking among medical student of FEU-NRMF.
Dr. Aileen is from Philipines and can fluently speak English.
Dr. Suhair Ponneth
Dr. Suhair has joined as a General Practitioner in Emergency Department at Aster Hospital Mankhool. He completed his MBBS from Govt Medical College, Kozhikode, Calicut. He was working in Al Mas Hospital, Kerala for more than 2 years before joining Aster Hospital Mankhool. Dr. Suhair achieved his DHA license in the year 2015.
- 2010 – Govt Medical College, Kozhikode, Calicut.
- 2012 – 2015 – General Practitioner at Al Mas Hospital, Al Madeena Institute of Medical Science Pvt Ltd, Kottakkal, Kerala India.
Dr. Suhair can fluently speak English & Malayalam and has a basic knowledge of Hindi.
Dr. Pawankumar Maniyar
Dr. Pawankumar is working as a Specialist Radiologist at Aster Hospital Mankhool. He completed his MBBS from MIMSR College, Latur and DMRD from Seth GS Medical College and KEM Hospital, Mumbai. Dr. Pawankumar has attended many conferences & seminars to increase his expertise in the field of Radiology.
- FRCR – Passed FRCR part 1 and FRCR 2A in March 2016.
- 2011 – DNB (Secondary) Radiodiagnosis, PD Hinduja National Hospital & Medical Research Centre, Mahim, Mumbai. Thesis/Research: “Role of MRI in evaluation of perianal fistulas”
- 2009 – DMRD, Seth GS Medical College and KEM Hospital, Mumbai (Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik.
- 2004 – Compulsory Rotary Internship Programme from MIMSR Medical College, Latur.
- 2003 – MBBS, MIMSR Medical College, Latur.
- Resident in Department of Radiodiagnosis at Seth G.S Medical College and K.E.M Hospital, Mumbai.
- Registrar and DNB Trainee at PD Hinduja National Hospital & Medical Research Centr.
- Consultant Radiologist at National Hospital, Calicut, Kerala.
Dr. Jhanvi Rao
Dr. Jhanvi Rao is working as a Specialist Radiologist at Aster Hospital, Mankhool. She completed her MBBS from Lokmanya Tilak Municipal medical College, Mumbai, India. She started working in the medical field since 1999 and has gained immense knowledge in the field of Radiology.
- 1993 – 1997 – MBBS – Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College, Mumbai, India.
- 2000 – 2002 – DMRD, Diploma in Medical Radiology, Seth GS Municipal Medical College, King Edward, Memorial (KEM), Mumbai.
- 2005 – 2007 – Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre, Mumbai.
- 2008 – Post Graduation DNB (Diplomate of National Board).
- 2011 – FRCR – London (Fellowship of the Royal College of Radiologists).
- Since 2008 – Consultant Radiologist in Ultrasound and X-ray Bethany Hospital, Thane.
- 2007 – 2008 – Consultant Radiologist at Asian Heart Institute.
- 2002 – 2005 – Radiologist at Gokul Diagnostic Centre, Mumbai, India.
- 1999 – Medical Officer (clinical training) in Primary Health Centre, Ratnagiri, India.
Research & Publications:
- Transvaginal Sonographic Diagnosis of Live Monochorionic Twin Ectopic Pregnancy in the journal of clinical ultrasound in January 2002.
- Unusual presentation of fat balls in a case of Dermoid Cyst of the Ovary in Journal of Ultrasound and Medicine.
Dr. Parth Naik
Dr. Parth is working as a Specialist Radiologist at Aster Hospital Mankhool. He completed his MBBS and MD (Radiodiagnosis) from Veer Narmad South Gujarat University, Surat, Gujarat, India. Dr. Parth is also a Life Member of Indian Medical Association. He has gained his worked experience in Saudi Arabia and Surat.
- 2008 – 2011 – MD (Radiodiagnosis), Veer Narmad South Gujarat University, Surat, Gujarat, India.
- 2003 – 2008 – MBBS, Veer Narmad South Gujarat University, Surat, Gujarat, India.
- Jan 2014 – Dec 2014 – Specialist Radiologist, Dr. Sulaiman Al Habib HMG – Al-Qassim Hospital, Buraidah, Al Qassim, Saudi Arabia.
- May 2008 – Nov 2009 – Resident Doctor in Radiodiagnosis, Department of Health & Family welfare, Government of Gujarat, Government medical College & New Civil Hospital, Surat.
- Nov 2009 – Jan 2012 – Tutor in Radiodiagnosis, Department of Health & Family welfare, Government of Gujarat, Government medical College & New Civil Hospital, Surat.
- Jan 2012 – Jul 2012 – Assistant professor of Radiodiagnosis, Department of Health & Family welfare, Government of Gujarat, Government medical College & New Civil Hospital, Surat.
- Jun 2011 – Dec 2011 – Consultant Radiologist, Perfect Diagnostics, X-ray & Sonography Clinic, Bhatar Road, Surat.
- Jul 2012 – Dec 2013 – Consultant Radiologist, Apollo Imaging Centre, SMIMER Hospital, Near Sahara Darwaja & Bombay Market, Surat.
Dr. Parth can fluently speak English, Hindi and Gujarati.