Aster Hospital offers expert services for comprehensive management of complex liver and pancreato-biliary diseases in both adults and children.
The Aster Integrated Liver Care (ILC) Program at Aster Hospital in Dubai is headed by Dr. Kaiser Raja, who is a Senior Consultant Physician in Liver Diseases (Hepatologist) and Liver Transplantation. He is the Chief Hepatologist for the Aster Integrated Liver Care Program at Aster DM Healthcare Group in India. Dr. Raja has more than 15 years of experience in this field and is an expert in the medical management of patients with chronic liver disease, liver failure, liver cancer and patients requiring liver transplantation. Trained at some of finest institutes in the United States as well as India, his special interests include chronic viral hepatitis, autoimmune hepatitis, liver cancer, fatty liver diseases and post transplant long-term medical care.
The Aster ILC Program manages two liver care and transplant centers at Aster Medcity, Kochi and Aster CMI Hospital, Bangalore. All consultants of the Aster ILC team are trained at some of the best hospitals in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, and have a collective experience of over 5000 major hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgeries and 2000 liver transplants. Multidisciplinary in approach, the Aster ILC team is comprised of highly experienced hepatopancreatobiliary and abdominal multi-organ transplant surgeons, adult hepatologists, pediatric hepatologists, advanced endoscopy experts, interventional radiologists, liver intensive care experts, liver anesthetists, and pathologists. We provide evidence based and customized, multi-disciplinary team based opinion to patients suffering form complex problems.
The Aster ILC Program is now available in the UAE to offer their full range of services under one roof. Hepatologists and HPB surgeons from the ILC Team are available for consultation at Aster Hospital in Dubai. Aster ILC Program in UAE integrates completely with the Aster Integrated Liver Care (ILC) Program in India and in coordination our team in India we provide the following services at Aster Hospital in Dubai.
- Adult Hepatology Service: Evaluation and management of patients with chronic hepatitis, viral hepatitis, autoimmune liver disease, cholestatic disorders, undetermined jaundice, cirrhosis and liver failure.
- Pediatric Hepatology Service: Evaluation and management of newborns, infants and children with jaundice and liver problems. We offer liver biopsy and comprehensive metabolic and genetic work-up.
- Transplant Hepatology Service: Counseling and assessment of patients for liver transplantation; evaluation of potential living donors; post transplant long term care of patients already undergone liver transplantation. Co-ordination with our transplant program in India for specialized testing and medications.
- Liver Intensive Care Service: We have special intensive care units to care for patients with acute liver failure and decompensated cirrhosis. The unit works in close coordination with our Liver Intensive Care Unit in India and follows common protocols.
- HPB Surgery Service: Dedicated HPB surgeons are available and we offer complex resection surgeries for benign and malignant diseases of the liver, biliary tract and pancreas at Aster Hospital in Dubai. Minimally invasive laparoscopic liver and pancreatic surgery are also available at Aster Hospital.
- Pancreatobiliary Endoscopy Service: We offer ERCP for complex biliary and pancreatic cases as well as for post liver transplant biliary problems.
- Multimodality Care for Liver Cancer: We offer the complete range of care for Liver cancer including liver resection, radiofrequency ablation, and transarterial chemoembolization. Radioembolization and Liver Transplantation can be offered in coordination with our center in India.
- Interventional Radiology Service: Image guided percutaneous biopsies, transjugular biopsy, chemoembolization for liver cancers, Transjugular intra-hepatic portosystemic shunts (TIPS procedure), transvenous obliteration of varices, and portosystemic shunt embolization. Currently Interventional Radiology services are available at our centers in India.
- Liver Pathology: We do liver biopsies on adults and children and offer dedicated pathology reporting in coordination with our network Liver pathologists in India. Liver biopsy slides can also be sent to us for a second opinion.
- Metabolic and Genetic Testing: Through our partners in India and Europe, we offer a complete range of advanced testing for liver diseases. This also includes genomic testing with whole exome and whole genome sequencing. For pediatric patients, complete range of metabolic testing is available.
- Teleconsultation Service: Our clinicians in Dubai as well as in India are available for Teleconsultation in case patient cannot visit our center in Dubai.
- Second opinion service: We provide second opinion to patients suffering from complex hepatobiliary and pancreatic disorders. You may contact us on email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and send your medical reports.
Patients suffering from the following conditions can seek opinion from our experts from Aster Integrated Liver Care at Aster Hospital in Dubai.
- Chronic hepatitis and cirrhosis
- Recurrent jaundice
- Abnormal liver function tests
- Hepatitis B and C
- Autoimmune liver disease
- Fatty liver disease
- Liver, pancreatic and bile duct cancers
- Patients considering liver transplantation
- Pancreatic diseases – pancreatitis, pancreas cancer, neuroendocrine tumors
- Newborns, infants and children with jaundice and liver disease
- Post liver transplant patients for regular follow-up
> Find a Doctor